Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A midnight run, of a different kind....

I know I posted yesterday how much I hate to see my babies suffering from these terrible cold germs that have wreaked havoc on their tiny immune systems, so because of that I found myself in my pajamas, putting on my shoes and coat to try to get to the store before midnight.  I can remember back in the day, when my friends and I would worry so much about getting to the store before it closed because we needed refreshments to keep the party going.  Funny how priorities change....

Both of the babies woke up just before 11 and while I gave the baby some acetaminophen to reduce her fever and rocked her until she fell asleep, my husband soothed out two year old by giving him some Zarbee's for his cough and tucking him back in bed.  From the babies room I could still hear him coughing.  I had a feeling that we would be in for a long night so when I finally got back into the bedroom I asked my husband if he thought a humidifier would help our toddler.  He said, "Sure, but it's late, your not going to go and get one right now."  I said, well why not?  What good does a humidifier do tomorrow if he needs it tonight?  I want to get a good night sleep and so does my toddler.

So I put on my shoes and coat and ran out the door.  Walmart was like a ghost town but I found what I needed right away.  A warm mist humidifier.  I was home within 35 minutes and set up the humidifier in my room to make sure it worked and that I knew how it worked.  My husband used a flashlight to help me find an outlet in the room and we were able to plug it in, turn it on, and sneak the f* out before our little guy made so much as a peep! 

Now I don't know if it was because of the humidifier or not, but my little man slept without coughing all night long!  He was surprised to see the humidifier in his room in the morning and until he realized it was something he liked, he was adamant about getting it out of his room!  So cute!

Funny how light night runs have different meanings as you get older, have children, and obtain different priorities.  I wonder when it will swing back around again.....

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment