Monday, September 23, 2013

Cruel irony

I am so proud of my two year old!  He is finally out of pull ups at naptime AND bedtime!  That's a whole 12 hours of being able to hold it and saves us $40 a month on pull ups!  I was in a state of bliss when I went to pick up the kids from school today so of course I was knocked back into reality.

My son's teacher came out and told me that my son had an accident and they didn't notice until right before I got there.  She told me that the kids were complaining that something was stinky but they couldn't figure out who the culprit was.  I asked my son if he had a little accident and he said yes, he tried to fart but, you know, a little poop came out instead.  Not that this is entirely unusual for him, I'm actually surprised he potty trained as young as he did because he is still the one with the most bathroom issues!

Well, we got in the car and started to drive home.  I asked my son when he had his accident, thinking it had just happened.  He said, "At rest time."  Three hours ago at rest time?  What?  Oh, wait, after about five minutes, I am starting to gag and have to roll my window down just to smell some fresh air.  How could it have only been a little stinky in the classroom when the car smells like a port-a-potty after only a few minutes?  So then he says, "Guess it's time to stop wearing boxer shorts."  He recently switched from tidy whities to boxer briefs.  Sorry buddy, different undies don't encourage accidents.  I reassured him that it was not because of the undies and asked why he didn't tell his teacher.

He told me he thought that everyone would be mad at him and that he didn't know how to clean himself up so he didn't want to say anything.  Aww, now my heart is feeling sad for my poor little guy running around in poop all afternoon pretending like he didn't just crap his pants.  I told him that no one would be mad and that that is what grown ups are for, to help people.  I also reminded him of the extra clothes that are at school just for this type of occurrence.  He then told me that they didn't have regular toilets, just urinals, which I know is not true but I think he is just really nervous to go poopy at school which I totally get because I HATE public bathrooms.  I'm actually really weird about bathrooms, I really only like to go potty at my own house, but that's another blog post!

I had to call my husband and tell him, mostly because I wanted his help once we got home.  When I told him what had happened he started laughing so hard I couldn't understand what he was saying and then it made me laugh so hard that tears were rolling down my cheeks.  Thank goodness the kids are in the way back of the car and the music is too loud for them to hear anything else!  I won't go into too much more detail, as this topic is gross enough already, but let me just say, he did not have a "little" accident.  After further discussion he admitted that he didn't want to not be able to participate in centers and if kids go to the bathroom during rest time, they can't participate.  So he pretty much laid there and took a dump in his pants out fear of being eliminated from a fun activity, then proceeded to go about his day playing, having recess and sitting at his desk before finally admitting after dismissal that he pooped his pants.

Oh my precious four year old.  These are the stories I can't wait to tell him about when he has his own kids!  Good thing he is the constant optimist and puts a positive spin on any situation.  He was even laughing, jumping and playing while washing his poop off in the shower.  Just when I think I have the whole potty situation under control....Oh well, here's hoping he doesn't poop his pants again tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment