Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What are little girls made of?

Emotions!  That's what little girls are made of!  I did a post a while back about what little boys are made of since my four year old exemplifies what a little boy is, but tonight I am surrounded in the chaos that little girls bring to the table.  It is a different sort of chaos, one involving lots of tears, dramatics, and sour faces.  My daughter is the epitome of a girly girl.  She is neat and tidy, even as a baby, she would walk up the stairs using the back of her hands just to keep from getting her palms dirty.  She takes great care of her clothes and I don't think I've ever had to throw something of hers out because she got a stain or tear in it.  She is light and dainty, helpful and motherly, and man is she emotional!

I have to laugh because the slightest thing can send her into an whirlwind of tears, her feelings are hurt so easily!  And while she is crying uncontrollably because of a minor issue, she is begging for a great big hug because she is just so "tired".  Tonight she was crying because I asked her to put her socks away since we were trying to get in the bath for bedtime.  "You hurt my feelings momma!"  What?  Hurt your feelings?  Uh...sorry didn't know that politely asking you to put your socks down and get in the tub was going to send you into a crying spell!  Oh my goodness.  I asked her, "Sweetheart, please stop crying.  This is silly, you can look at your socks tomorrow."

"I just need a hug mommy."  If you add a sob between each word you will start to get an idea of how distraught she was.  "I can hug you but you just got out of the shower, you are soaking wet!"  I joked with her, "I can't
hug you!  It would be like hugging a wet seal, you'll slip right out of my arms!"  She thought that was so funny, she was immediately laughing and dancing around.  Wait a minute, how did she take such a quick right turn, I thought she was depressed about something, now she is a comedienne?  She is tickling her siblings, making funny faces and laughing like she didn't know how to cry! 

Oh man, is this a preview of what is to come?  What is it going to be like when she has real hormones affecting her emotions?  Oh my goodness, I guess I better buckle up now because it looks like I'm in for a roller coaster of emotions with my daughters!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment