Sunday, September 15, 2013

What do I do by myself?

I went to church today BY MYSELF!  This might not sound like a big deal but in our family it's pretty rare.  My husband was going to church with his mom for a mass being offered for his father and since the baby would be napping at that time, I went on my own before he left.  Ummm....I am so used to having a kiddo with me that I really don't know what to do when I don't have one with me!  Lol.  I found myself rocking side to side when it was time to stand.  Like my body is so used to rocking a baby that it is just trained to continue to do so even if I don't have a baby! 

When it was time to sit, I didn't quite know how to sit still, I'm so used to having someone on my lap, off my lap, under my arm, in my hands.  So when I'm by myself do I cross my legs?  Where do my hands go?  I feel so awkward without a little one to futz with!  I must not be the only one either because after church several people came up and asked where all the kiddos where!  The lady behind me laughed because she could see me moving all through church.  Oh man, good thing kids slowly grow up so we can get used to them not needing us as much rather than having to go cold turkey like I did today!

What do you find yourself doing when you are not with your kids?

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment