Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Poop and washing machines

There's never a dull moment in our house.  I was sitting in the TV room with my 6, 2 and 10 month old helping my six year old study her spelling words on the computer.  It was about 6 p.m. and the baby just dirtied her diaper so I promptly changed her and then decided to let her air dry for a little while because she has had a stubborn rash on her bottom and baths would be in a little bit.  BAD IDEA.  I should know by now that letting any child that is not potty trained hang out without a diaper on is really just inviting trouble in.

My husband and four year old were busy in the laundry room taking the washer apart because we had an error message about socks in the drainpipe.  He is on the floor, tools out, taking everything out from under the washing machine (we store all our winter clothes in the drawers underneath) while my four year old keeps track of the bolts and screws.  Since the drain was clogged, he also had to have a bucket to drain all the water from the machine into.  Luckily, or maybe unluckily, he has had to do this repair before so he knows what to expect and is prepared for the water that comes gushing out of the machine.

As soon as I hear the water begin to flow I look over at my baby and think, "That's weird, she has some avocado on her chest..."  While I wipe it off WITH MY FINGERS (!), I realize that it's not avocado, it's poop.  Yup, poop.  But that's not all folks!  My two year old is sitting and playing in the exact spot she pooped in and wiping it on his shirt trying to get it off of his fingers.  I immediately call for my husband and he says, "I'm in the middle of something really important right now."  So I respond with, "I have something that is even MORE important, trust me!"  So he comes in and I immediately tell him to help my two year old take off his clothes and throw them in the washing machine.  While he does that I wipe every inch of the baby with a baby wipe and then hand her to him.  Then for the next 10 minutes I am on my hands and knees, scouring every inch of the TV room floor (with it's brown carpet!!) for any poop.  Thank God for our Spot bot!!

I finally found all the little poop spots scattered around the room, mark them off and begin placing the cleaner and let it do all the work.  BTW, anyone who doesn't have a Spot bot but has dogs and/or kids, has to get one.  It is the best investment we have made to keep the house clean.  As I bent down to pick up the baby's blanket, a nice little turd fell out and I discovered the original place the baby first began going potty.

All my husband and I could do was laugh and thankfully he was able to fix the washing machine just fine because after that, we had a lot more laundry to do!  After all that excitement, I couldn't even stay up for the Packer game!  Oh well, Rodgers got hurt, Packers lost, but I was busy dreaming away......

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment