Sunday, November 17, 2013

Go Pack, Go!


Well, another Packer Sunday is here.  What was supposed to be a primetime game is now a local afternoon game due to the fact that the Packers barely have any first string guys on the field and the Giants, well, their record speaks for itself.  Aaannnyyywwaayyyy......if the game sucks, at least the food will be good.  Today I made my husband's favorite-coconut shrimp with pina colada dipping sauce (non alcoholic of course!).  I also made one of the kids' favorites-caramel corn.  And to round it out, some hot crab dip with crackers.  We have all eaten our yummy food, washed it down with some hot cocoa (one of my favorite things about winter), and now are thoroughly full and in need of a nap!

The coconut shrimp is a recipe from my mother and the dipping sauce is the actual recipe that Red Lobster uses!  Sooooooo gooooooood!


I use the biggest shrimp I can find, tiger prawns work too, the bigger the better.  The shrimp can be raw or cooked.  I just happened to use raw this time, it depends on what is on sale at the time.




 

I dip the shrimp in a flour mixture, egg mixture, and then coat in coconut.  Get plenty of coconut!  Today I ran out!







 

Arrange the shrimp on a pizza stone, they can be plenty close together, and pour melted butter over the top.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, I also like to broil mine on low for about 3-5 minutes just to get the coconut nice and crispy.





 
The best part-the dipping sauce!  I always double the recipe and it's never enough!
 
Easy crab dip, great with crackers, perfect pairing with the shrimp.  It doesn't make a ton but is easy to double.
 
This is a fall favorite for the kids, it takes a long time but is worth it.  I like to use microwavable kettle corn, it compliments the caramel really well.
 
Go Pack, Go!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Busy Mommy Blogger
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
























No comments:

Post a Comment