Monday, October 21, 2013

APPLES!!

Holy cow!  I am up to my elbows in apples!  Since I have so many apples and don't want to them to go bad, I have had to become creative in using them.  My kids love smoothies so for the last few days I have been making apple-y smoothies.  Here's my bare bones recipe for a smoothie that can be added to by any kind of fruit or yogurt, you could probably throw some veggies in too!!

1 - 8 oz container of Yoplait light yogurt, any flavor will do, I usually choose a flavor that meshes well with the fruit I plan on using
1 cup skim milk
1 cup crushed ice
1-2 cups of fresh sliced fruit, some of my favorites are blueberries, strawberries, bananas, raspberries, and of course, apples!

You can add some splenda if you prefer a sweeter smoothie but I leave them plain when I make them for the kids.  Also, if you like a chocolate smoothie you can add a package of chocolate Carnation Instant breakfast.  My kids also love chocolate smoothies.  If you have any favorite smoothie recipes, please send them my way!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger