Saturday, October 19, 2013

Forts and Applesauce

What a great fall day today!  A friend of my husbands has five apple trees in his yard and he gave my husband two HUGE bags filled with apples.  Now I have a dilemma of what to do with all these apples!  I made two apple smoothies this morning that were really yummy.  I made an apple crisp-ish thing for breakfast tomorrow.  And of course I made applesauce!  I have never made applesauce before so of course I went to my trusty Betty Crocker app to find a recipe.  Anyone who likes to cook or try different things should definitely be on the Better Crocker website or have the app on their phone.

The kids helped us much as they could and when their help was no longer needed they made forts in the living room with my hubby.  As my two year old would say, "Busy, busy, busy!"  Here's my pics from the applesauce.  It was too hot to try tonight so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if the kids actually like it.  I have never peeled so many apples in my life!  If anyone has any good apple recipes, please send my way!  Come back to my blog tomorrow for more recipes from my Packer Sunday blog.









































Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment