Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Danger! Pull Ups crossing...

There are some things that can only be experienced by being a mother.  No, I'm not talking about the beauty of birthing a child, the tenderness of nursing a baby, or the happiness that comes from hearing a toddler say "mommy".  I'm talking about random, bizarre sh** that only happens when there are kids in the house.

Take this morning for example.  I asked my four year old if he threw out his pull up after waking up.  He assured me he did.  I said, "Are you sure?  Because I am usually rushing around doing something and really despise stepping on a wet pull up."  "Oh yes, momma, I threw it away right away!"  Ok, great!  Big smile on my face as I enjoy hearing the chitter chatter of my children getting dressed and eating breakfast before school.

Everything was smooth sailing.  I got the baby up, nursed her.  Kids were dressed and ready to go in plenty of time.  I checked to make sure everyone was buckled in and tightened up.  Thumbs up, we are ready Freddy!  I got in the car, buckled up, threw the car in reverse, and when I looked up to make sure nothing was behind me, I saw a (gasp) pull up on my windshield.  That's right folks!  A wet, yucky pull up was stuck smack dab in the middle of my windshield.  I carefully got out, grabbed it and threw it in the garbage that is literally right outside the garage door.

When I got back in I turned around and said, "Hey buddy, how come your pull up was on my windshield?"  And he says, as if nothing I said was weird or unusual, "Well, I tried to throw it down but my arm went up like this (swinging his arm upwards like a female fastball pitcher) and it landed on the car."  "Ok bud, well, next time just drop it in the garbage can instead of trying to throw it up and have it land in the garbage, mmk?"  "Ok mom, I'll try.", he says, shrugging his shoulders and sounding exasperated by my preposterous request.

Whatever, at least I noticed it before I started driving!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment