Friday, October 4, 2013

Where can I put all these kids?!

With four kids who all use a MAJOR car seat, it is like a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out where to put everyone!  I used to have my two big kids in the way back since they can both buckle themselves up and my two year old sat behind me on the driver's side while the baby was behind the passenger side.  However, after being kicked incessantly by my two year old for a half hour on the way to drop the kids off at school and for a half hour on the way back from school and then having to do it all over again in the afternoon, I decided it was time for a change.  I can't tell how jolting it is to get a swift kick in the back of your chair while driving, unless you have experienced it for yourself, you really won't get it.  It's about as annoying as sitting on a flight for three hours while a small child continuously rams their foot into the back of your chair except it is slightly more dangerous when operating a motor vehicle!

I also couldn't stand hearing my two big kids in the way back tattling on each other that they are being touched, kicked, or just plain bothered.  So after school yesterday, I had finally been pushed to my breaking point and while all four kids, whined, cried, and complained, I switched where everyone except the baby was sitting.  Now I have my two year old in the way back with my six year old because she can help him buckle up and I know that she won't try to touch him or bother him while we are driving.  I wanted to put the two boys back there but I am not a glutton for punishment!  I moved my four year old so that he now sits behind the driver's seat so he is not able to touch any other person.  He can see the baby though so I now have to deal with his continuous chatter to her and he also gets himself in a very silly mood when he is within eye shot of the baby.  Plus, he is so loud that I actually feel like he is sitting right next to my ear.  When he was in the way back his voiced sounded like it was at a normal volume and with him right behind me I am reminded that his voice is actually more similar to the loudness of a fog horn and the sound of his voice fills his ears so that he is incapable of hearing the sound of anyone else's voice as well, which makes asking him to quiet down very difficult.

Oh well, guess we will try this arrangement for a while.  Wonder where I'll put everyone if we have another......

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment