Sunday, October 13, 2013

When will my house be clean?

Do any of you other moms ever wonder when your house will be clean for more than a half hour?  And even that is a long time for my house to stay clean.  I know, I should know better than to expect my house to actually be and stay clean with four little kids running around.  And I wouldn't trade the kids in to have a cleaner house, I would just like the house to stay clean long enough for me to enjoy it.  It seems like as soon as I vacuum up the crumbs from snack, someone is running in from the backyard with sand all over their clothes.  And then, as soon as I get the sand vacuumed up, someone else is spilling a glass of milk in the kitchen.  When I am finally done wiping up the milk, someone else has spilled crumbs all over the floor.  Ok, you get it. 

I know that the more children I have I should probably loosen up more, become a little less anal about how tidy the house is, but it seems quite the opposite for me.  Maybe because there is so much more to clean up when there are more people to pick up after.  Maybe it is because I really love to organize and make sure that things are tidy.  Whatever it is, I don't see this condition getting better any time soon.  I may even be passing this on to my kids.  My two year old is obsessed with changing his clothes if they get dirty, putting things where they belong, and washing his hands.  Now if they could all be like that (especially my husband!), I might not have to be so concerned with cleaning the house every day!

It is just a really nice feeling to see the kitchen after it is clean or the basement when all the toys are put away.  I find enjoyment from having a floor so clean it is squeaky and a pile of laundry neatly folded and ready to be put away.  I guess with all these kiddos there will plenty of enjoyment for the next 18+ years that comes from cleaning but what I am really going to enjoy is the day when I can clean my house and it actually stays that way!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment