Wednesday, July 17, 2013

live and let God

The hardest thing in life sometimes is to let go.  Let go of the idea that we are in control of everything.  That we can somehow control all the miscellanea in and around our lives.  That if we had just done this last year or bought that instead or not tried whatever, things would be different.  It's all the same really.  No matter what it is we choose to do, it is the right choice.  The only choice.  There are no wrong choices, only learning experiences.  There should be no regret because regret means it wasn't meant to be, meant to happen.  But the truth is, it is always meant to be.  God has a plan for you.  He has a plan for me.  And as much as I would like to think that I am the one driving my own ship, I am sorely mistaken.  God is always the one in control.  He is so kind to allow us to think that we are controlling all extenuating circumstances, but He knows.  He knows that He has already seen where we are going.  He already knows what choices we would choose.  He already knows what lessons He intends to teach us with each decision that we make.

It is so easy to think "I wish I wouldn't have made that choice."  But that choice, be it good or bad, was meant to be, meant to be made by you.  And there is a purpose in every experience.  God is constantly preparing us.  So if we are upset because something hasn't occurred yet, like having a baby, getting a better job, finding a better house, it is because we aren't ready yet.  Has it ever occurred to you that you aren't ready to receive the blessing you are wishing for?  Has it ever occurred to you that God is preparing you for the blessings he has in store for you and that if you are patient and trust in His love for you, that you will receive His blessing.  When you are ready.  Patience, no doubt, is a virtue.  For me it is one of the most difficult to possess.  But God is patient and He expects us to be as well.

There is a passage in the Bible where Jesus' disciples are asking Him to tell them more, show them more.  And He tells them, you're not ready yet.  When you are ready I will show you more, but right now, you're not ready yet.

I am very happy with where my life is now, but there are things I would take back if I could and I have to keep reminding myself that those things were meant to be and in order to be prepared for the blessings that God has in store for me in the future, I have to be able to learn and grow from my experiences.  Because when God is ready for me, I want to be ready for Him.  I don't want to miss out on the amazing things that God has planned for me, even if it means I have to trudge through the mud to get there.  Thank you God for your constant support and guidance.  Please help me to never lose faith in Your chosen path for me.  Please help me accept Your grace in my life.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment