Friday, July 26, 2013

You gotta laugh!

Today was a yucky, rainy day.  We were stuck inside all day.  There was nothing particularly bad about today, nor was there anything particularly great about today.  By the time my husband got home from work, I was just feeling really tired and rundown.  I'm not sure what the reason was but I just felt like the wind had been taken out of my sail.  After futzing around on the computer, going in circles trying to figure something out, I went in the basement where everybody was playing.  I talked to my husband for a minute or two about my frustrations while the children were finishing cleaning up the basement.  All of a sudden my four year old began screaming and had his hand in his mouth.  I thought maybe he bit his lip or got a toy clamped onto his lip.  He is often over dramatic so I didn't freak out at his high pitched screaming.

I went closer to him to examine what was wrong with him. After looking into his mouth, I had to just laugh.  He had figured out a way to get a plastic coin wedged between his teeth and couldn't get it out.  LOL!  It was so ridiculous, I didn't know what else to do!  In the meantime, he's devastated and overreacting as usual.  I tried to get it out but wasn't strong enough to.  I called my husband over and after much wiggling, he was able to get the coin out.  It reminded me of the phrase mom's have said for centuries, "If you do that with your face it will stay that way!"  I can't express how many times I have told my son NOT to put toys in his mouth!  And now, he knows that by putting something in his mouth, it could get stuck in there.  I hope that is enough of a reason for him to stop putting toys in his mouth!

The best thing about having children is the laughter that is so abundant in every day.  Children have the ability to laugh moments after a fall or being scolded.  They don't hold a grudge, immediately the slate is clean and they are on to the next moment.  Children are so in the moment it makes me jealous!  I wish I could forget more easily after having an unsettling or negative experience.  I love how my two year old cries at every nap while he falls asleep and two hours later when he wakes up, there is nothing but a smile on his face and constant giggles!  My seven month old wakes me up by cooing and laughing every morning, what a beautiful sound!  I love the bright eyed innocence of children and the eternal optimism they exude.  Please God help me to laugh like a child today and to cherish the laughter of my children each day.  Thank you for the comic relief that my children bring, even on a gloomy day.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment