Friday, July 12, 2013

spilled milk everyday? really?

I had my alarm go off this morning for 6 am, which comes so much sooner when you haven't gone to bed until after midnight.  When will I learn that I am not a college kid who only needs 5 hours of sleep?!  When I'm that tired I don't actually hear my alarm clock but am somehow able to turn it off.  Waking up to a talking baby is the best alarm anyway!

My four year old came in to tell me he had gone potty through his pull up.  Again.  Why do we even put one on him, he pees through it almost every other day?  Any tips for getting him out of a pull up at night?  He is by far my most challenging right now.  We seem to be going in circles with him when it comes to his behavior choices as well.  Even though he uses a cup with a top on it, he seems to find a way to spill milk at the table everyday.  Mostly because he is just not paying attention to his body and what he's doing.  Today he dropped his cereal bowl on the floor, lol!  I have to laugh because otherwise I would probably yell.  Is this how all four year old boys are?  When my daughter was four, she was very different!

What is it about four year old boys?  Are they unable to touch things without breaking them?  I'm pretty sure my son broke at least three things today.  Sometimes teaching the same lesson over and over and over and over and over again is exhausting!

Just finished my couch to 5K app.  How come no one tells you that after you have a baby you aren't going to look like they do in a movie?  You know, one day your belly is the size of a beach ball and after the baby comes out your flat tummy miraculously returns...I guess having 4 kids in 5 1/2 years can wreak havoc on your body but I'm sure my food and exercise (or no exercise) had an impact as well.  Either way, I'm left now with a body I don't recognize from my pre-baby days and the hard work it takes to try to get back, assuming I don't get pregnant again in the meantime!  I also wish that women in Hollywood would quit losing their baby weight in three weeks because it puts such unrealistic pressure on those of us in the real world to keep up.  Oh well, the hard work always pays off, but what I wouldn't give to be able to just eat whatever I want and never have to step foot on a treadmill!  LOL!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment