Monday, August 19, 2013

Splish, splash!

The weather has has been absolutely amazing lately and we are relishing our last days of summer!  My two year old wanted to play in the water outside and I suddenly decided to put the baby in a suit too!  She loved being in our little "splashy" pool, as the kids call it.  She crawled all over, hitting the water, laughing, and playing.  Why didn't I think of this before?!  There wasn't even enough water to cover the bottom of the pool but she had so much fun I must have taken at least 25 pictures.  My two year old was so good too, getting her toys to play with and not splashing at her at all. 

And then when we were out there it hit me, this is what it's going to be like when my two older kids are at school.  They were playing in the house and didn't come outside with us and it was so peaceful with the two little ones but at the same time I felt a sense of sadness at not having all of the kids out there.  Is that weird?  I love having my kids at school, I could never survive homeschooling, but there's a part of me that just wants them around all the time...

Thank you God for showing me the serenity in today.  Help me to not be too depressed as my little ones get bigger, and bigger!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment